Project Description: For the 8th Season of the Mammoth Lakes Trail System Summer of Stewardship Trail Days, National Trail Days is the occasion and we’re going to kick it off in style up on Panorama Dome! Saturday June 4, 2016, please meet at the Panorama Dome Trailhead on Lake Mary Road for a free bagel breakfast and overview of the day’s tasks. Volunteers will be installing new soft surface signage, trail maintenance, and general clean up on and around Panorama Dome! Volunteers will get an introduction to trail maintenance skills from Friends of the Inyo staff, and those interested in being regular members of the Mammoth Lakes Trail System stewardship team should be sure to show up June 4 to get trained up for future SOS projects.
- When: Saturday, June 4, 8:30 a.m.
- Where: Park in proximity to the Panorama Dome Trailhead along Lake Mary Road for a free bagel breakfast, safety talk and work assignments.
- What: National Trails Day Summer of Stewardship Trail Days 2016 Kick Off event at Panorama Dome including installing new soft surface signage, trail maintenance, and general clean up on and around Panorama Dome
- Who: Volunteers of all ages and abilities are welcome! Please dress for trail work: sturdy, close-toed shoes, hat, and long pants. Gloves and tools provided.
- Total Number of Volunteers: 58
- Signs Installed: 11
- Trees Removed From Trail: 5
- Feet of Trail Maintained: 10,560
- Trash Picked Up: Approx. 300lbs
Click here to access the event Photo Gallery!
Click here to download the Event Flyer
Read an article from The Sheet on the event!