Series Sponsors: Old New York Deli and Bagel Company, Mammoth Brewing Company and Mammoth Lakes Sunrise Rotary
Project Description: For the final event of the "Summer of Stewardship: Trail Days 2013" season, please join the Mammoth Track Club, the Sierra Club, Kittredge Sports, and Mammoth Pet Shop along with Friends of the Inyo and MLTPA, on Saturday, September 21, for the Great Sierra River Clean Up in the Mammoth Lakes Basin. We'll do what it takes to clean up as much trash and debris in the Mammoth Lakes Basin as motivated volunteers can wrangle in a single event! Volunteers will also learn a variety of trail maintenance skills, and those interested in being regular members of the Mammoth Lakes Trail System volunteer trail crew should come on Saturday, September 21 to get trained up for future projects and get ready for the Summer of 2014!
- When: Saturday, September 21, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Where: Meet at the Horseshoe Lake parking lot or a free bagel breakfast, safety talk and work assignments. Free lunch and lots of giveaways will be hosted on site.
- What: Join the Mammoth Track Club, the Sierra Club, Kittredge Sports, and Mammoth Pet Shop along with Friends of the Inyo and MLTPA, on Saturday, September 21, for the Great Sierra River Clean Up in the Mammoth Lakes Basin.
- Who: Volunteers of all ages and abilities are welcome! Please dress for trail work: sturdy, close-toed shoes, and long pants. Bring a sun hat and plenty of sun screen, but please keep an eye on the weather as things can change rapidly this time of year. Gloves and all tools provided.
- 46 volunteers (not counting the late arrivals!)
- 230 total volunteer hours
- 50 bags of trash collected
- 1800 lbs of trash collected
- 400 lbs of recyclable items
- 4 inches of snow fell that night!
Click here to download the event flyer!