Project Description: Mountain Biking Really Matters! Summer of Stewardship Trail Days 2013 continues on Saturday July 6, 2013 honoring long time Town Council member and owner of the Base Camp Café Skip Harvey. Skip Harvey had a special passion for the Uptown/Downtown Mountain Bike trails, and volunteers will be working with Skip's spirit held near to clean up and rejuvenate the public sections of the Uptown/Downtown Mountain bike trail zone and to install temporary Mammoth Lakes Trail System signage to get cyclists from the Uptown/Downtown trails over to the Mountain View Mountain Bike Trail and back again. We'll also extend some much-needed TLC to the picnic area at Earthquake Fault. Volunteers will learn trail maintenance skills from Friends of the Inyo staff, and those interested in being regular members of the Mammoth Lakes Trail System volunteer trail crew should come on Saturday, July 6 to get trained up for future projects.
- When: Saturday, July 6, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Where: Meet at the Earthquake Fault Trailhead for a free bagel breakfast, safety talk and work assignments. Free lunch and lots of giveaways will be hosted on site!
- What: Clean up and rejuvenate the Uptown/Downtown Mountain Bike Trail zone and extend some much needed TLC to the Earthquake Fault picnic area!
- Who: Volunteers of all ages and abilities are welcome! Please dress for trail work: sturdy, close-toed shoes, hat, long pants and a long-sleeve shirt. Gloves and tools provided.
- 28 volunteers
- 154 total volunteer hours ($3,409.56 value in volunteer labor!)
- 6 new signs fabricated, painted and installed on Uptown/Downtown & Mountain View Trail intersections.
- 5 sets of stone and wood steps along Earthquake Fault dug out of the dirt and restored
- 1 200 square foot stonework interpretive patio shoveled out and restored
- 1 Parking lot re-delineated and disturbed areas restored
- 1250 lbs of trash removed from public lands along Uptown/Downtown Trails
- 6 barbecues cleaned and painted.
- 6 picnic tables cleaned, moved to appropriate locations and leveled.
- Great food and drink from New York Deli, Mammoth Brewing and Bleu Handcrafted Foods via Sunrise Rotary!
- Huge amounts of stuff given away by Brian's Bikes, Base Camp Cafe and Patagonia!
Check out the complete Photo Gallery here!
Click here to download the event flyer
Ad, The Sheet 130629
Ad, The Sheet_130706
Community Calendar, The Sheet_Calendar_130706_
Ad, Mammoth Times_130704