Project Description: Join the Eastern Sierra Interpretive Association (ESIA) and Mountain Air Sports, along with Friends of the Inyo and MLTPA, on Saturday, August 17th, for clean up trail work and light maintenance at the Hot Creek Geologic site. We'll be working on the interpretive trail at Hot Creek as well as a variety of maintenance projects on this signature destination here in the Eastern Sierra. Volunteers will learn a variety of trail maintenance skills, and those interested in being regular members of the Mammoth Lakes Trail System volunteer trail crew should come on Saturday, August 17 to get trained up for future projects.
- When: Saturday, August 17, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Where: Meet at the Hot Trailhead - about 20 minutes from Mammoth Lakes - for a free bagel breakfast, safety talk and work assignments. Free lunch and lots of giveaways will be hosted on site.
- What: Join the Eastern Sierra Interpretive Association and Mountain Air Sports for trail work at the Hot Creek Geological site.
- Who: Volunteers of all ages and abilities are welcome! Please dress for trail work: sturdy, close-toed shoes, and long pants. Bring a sun hat and plenty of sun screen! Gloves and tools provided.
- 44 volunteers (not counting the late arrivals!)
- 220 total volunteer hours ($4,870.08 value in volunteer labor at 5 hrs. per volunteer!)
- 2,640 ft of pathway cleared and maintained
- 300 ft fence repaired and maintained removed 1 old kiosk to reuse
- 300 ft. trail restored
- 4 t-posts placed
- 3 picnic tables painted and maintained
- 1 kiosk painted
- 35 lbs. of trash picked up
- 3 steps cleaned and maintained
- Troop 700 Scouts that much closer to their camping merit badges!
Click here to check out the Great Big Photo Gallery!
Click here to download the event flyer