Project description: Trail treadwork on the Horseshoe Lake Loop, the McLeod Lake Trail, and Mammoth Pass Trail is on the menu, as is general lakeshore beautification and day-use area cleanup. All ages and abilities are welcome, and we'll feed you both breakfast and lunch in exchange for approximately three hours of volunteer work. Free giveaways are also up for grabs!
- When: Saturday, July, 8:30 a.m.
- Where: Meet at the Horseshoe Lake day-use area under the white pop-up tent for a bagel breakfast, safety talk and work assignments.
- What: Head out with a trail-care crew to one of three designated trails for a morning of maintenance, then back to the tent for lunch and giveaways.
- Who: Volunteers of all ages and abilities are welcome! Please dress for trail work: sturdy, close-toed shoes, hat, long pants and a long-sleeve shirt. Gloves and tools provided.
- 27 volunteers (including 9 teenagers with Rustic Pathways)
- 7 staff (FOI and MLTPA)
- 108 total volunteer hours (a $2,251.80 value!)
- 28 logs cut out or removed from the Bottomless Pit trail
- 15 feet of trail restored and maintained
- 60 pounds of trash removed
- 4 steps constructed in the Mammoth Pass Trail
Click here to view photos from the event.
Click here to download the event flyer.
Editorial, The Sheet, 07/14/12
Ad, The Sheet, 07/14/12
Town E-News, 07/13/12
Recreation This Week, 07/12/12
Friends of the Inyo July Newsletter
Ad, The Sheet, 07/07/12
Calendar listing, Mammoth Times, 07/06/12