Project Description: We’re going to kick things off in style for Summer of Stewardship Trail Days 2015 at Twin Lakes! Saturday June 13, 2015, please meet up at Tamarack Lodge – park in the parking lot, meet at the Ski Center Yurt – for a free bagel breakfast and overview of the day’s tasks. Volunteers will be working on a general clean up of the Twin Lakes area, including trail brushing, and general maintenance projects. Volunteers will get an introduction to trail maintenance skills from Friends of the Inyo staff, and those interested in being regular members of the Mammoth Lakes Trail System stewardship team should be sure to show up June 7 to get trained up for future SOS projects.
- When: Saturday, June 13, 8:30 a.m.
- Where: Park in the Tamarack Lodge parking lot and then meet at the Ski Center Yurt for a free bagel breakfast, safety talk and work assignments.
- What: Summer of Stewardship Trail Days 2015 Kick Off event at Twin Lakes including general clean up, trail brushing, and general maintenance.
- Who: Volunteers of all ages and abilities are welcome! Please dress for trail work: sturdy, close-toed shoes, hat, and long pants. Gloves and tools provided.
- 42 Volunteers (4.5 hr x 42 volunteers = 189 volunteer hours)
- 2 Forest Service Staff
- 7 FOI Staff
- 3 MLTPA Staff
- 1 Americorps Volunteer (Ben)
- 2 miles of trail monitored / maintained
- 1 sign installed
- 6 signs maintained / repainted
- 9 parking barriers maintained
- 4 picnic tables painted
- 150 lbs of trash removed
- 215 feet of social trail restored (3 switchback cuts restored)
- 3 stone steps installed / constructed
Click here to access the Photo Gallery!
Download the Event Flyer