Project Description: Lake George is calling! Time to head up for the cool, clear waters for the 2nd event of the Summer of Stewardship Trail Days 2015. On Saturday July 11, 2015, please meet up at the Lake George parking lot for a free bagel breakfast and overview of the day’s tasks. Volunteers will be working on a general clean up of the Lake George area, including trail brushing, and general trail maintenance projects. Volunteers will get an introduction to trail maintenance skills from Friends of the Inyo staff, and those interested in being regular members of the Mammoth Lakes Trail System stewardship team should be sure to show up July 11 to get trained up for future SOS projects.
- When: Saturday, July 11, 8:30 a.m.
- Where: Lake George parking lot for a free bagel breakfast, safety talk and work assignments.
- What: Summer of Stewardship Trail Days 2015 Event at Lake George including general clean up, trail brushing, and trail maintenance.
- Who: Volunteers of all ages and abilities are welcome! Please dress for trail work: sturdy, close-toed shoes, hat, and long pants. Gloves and tools provided.
- Total Number of Volunteers: 48
- Volunteer hours / Volunteer: 4
- Total Volunteer Hours: 192
- USFS Staff: 2
- Americorps Volunteers: 1
- Pounds of Trash Cleaned up: Approx. 100lbs
- Signs Installed: 1 at trailhead
- Social Trail / Cut Switchbacks Restored: 625 ft
- Designated Trail Reclaimed / Maintained: 120ft
- Trail Structures Maintained: 2
- Trail Structures Built: 1
Click here to check out the Photo Gallery!
Download the Event Flyer